Monday, November 3, 2014

The Leaves Are Changing

Hola familia y amigos :)

Tuesday- Happy Birthday to Kimmy! I even celebrated for her! We had a dinner appointment and then went to mutual, which was a quince for one of the Young Women in the ward. Don't worry, I ate another dinner and then cake and ice cream. Literally everything we do here involves food. It’s not a Hispanic party unless you have food there. So I ended up eating 2 dinners and dessert.

Wednesday- Exchanges :) But I actually knew what was happening this time! Hermana Argueta came here to Little River. Man was that a long day. So we were in an accident a month ago and the car was being fixed at an auto shop, but was finished that day. So we had to go through a long process of getting a ride there, moving all of our stuff to the other car, getting the safety test done, and all that fun stuff which took about 3 hours. And there was a problem with the pressure sensor on one of the tires, so we had to get that fixed again. Then we went to dinner at the Columbier's. When we walked in the house, there were 4 elders already there and the other 2 hermanas were on their way. There were already 12-15 people living there and then they fed all 8 of the missionaries in our ward. It was so funny and crowded and crazy and loud, but it was fun :) Then we went to visit some investigators. Blanch and Heather are doing a lot better in some ways but have new struggles in other ways. Thanks for the prayers, but please don't stop. We are hoping that they will decide to be baptized soon and get the strength that comes through having the gift of the Holy Ghost. That night was pretty interesting because when we switched cars we didn't have the right parking pass, so we had to park pretty far away from the apartment and it gets pretty cold and windy here. And we had to carry all of Hna Argueta's stuff for the night. Fun stuff.

Thursday- We switched back to our normal companionships and got to work! Psyche! We were having more problems with the car, so we had to get that all figured out before we could do any teaching. That night I had Crab. Like really crab, which I had no idea how to eat. I think the only time I have ever had crab was in sushi, so I didn't have to worry about the shell or anything. Now I am a pro :) Haha, the Hermana whose house we were at just laughed at me through the dinner, but it was fun! Also, here they have a soda called Inca Kola from Peru, and its bubble-gum flavored. At first I thought it was disgusting, but now it’s actually pretty good.  Then we went to the church building to set up for the Halloween activity the next night and I learned that I am not good with hot glue guns...ouch.

Friday- We took the car in to get the sensor fixed, and then we were finally done with all of the car stuff. I will never get in another accident ever again. Way too much work and time. The day went well and we did our planning for the week. We went to the biggest house I have ever been in in my life for dinner and movies, since we aren't allowed out on Halloween. We had American food, and we were able to serve ourselves, so it was really good :) Then we watched Despicable Me 2 and Frozen. I had already seen them both, so it was funny watching the reactions of all the older missionaries that were watching for the first time. Despicable Me 2 is so much funnier when you know Spanish. I was laughing so hard! The song "Happy" has been stuck in my head for the last few days though. We got lost on the way home because our GPS is very special. Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but I've only been driving here for a few weeks and we were in a different city, so that was interesting. We just listened to Josh Groban CDs to keep us focused, haha.

Saturday- We went to a lot of houses, but it was a hard day because no one was home. Knocking on doors when no one is there all day isn't as fun as it sounds. But then we got an extra hour of sleep :)

Sunday- We visited a few people before church and helped a lot of them come to church. We got to teach Young Women's about Patriarchal Blessings and it was really cool. There was an investigator there named Kelly and it was throwing me off that people kept saying her name. Haha, they have no idea that it’s my name too. We had dinner after church and it was Mexican. So good! Then we visited Yahaira and her family. They didn't go to church yester4day because one of their daughters was sick. But we taught a strong lesson and their family is great! We just hope the father, Francisco will get his answer and want to be baptized soon :) Please pray for their family and also Maria. We haven't been able to get a hold of her since Friday, and we don't know exactly what is going on with that.

Overall it was a good week. I have learned a lot and continue to learn more every day. Sometimes we go through hard things to make us stronger. The Lord brings us low before he can lift us up higher than we were before. I know that through the Book of Mormon and prayer we can find strength and comfort. A lot of you already know the Book of Mormon is true, but I invite all of you to read every day and pray to ask again or for the first time. The Lord knows what you need and when you need it and he will help you.

Love,

 Hermana Moberly


Halloween 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment