Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos

¡Hola Amigos! ¿Qué pasa?
This week has been another great one here in Mexico. I leave tomorrow morning (technically tonight) to head back to the states. I´m super excited, but also pretty sad. Me and my compañera are the only two remaining from our district, so that is pretty sad! We sent off our 2 roommates last night at 2 AM. They are going to Oklahoma and they are going to be great misioneras. The rest of our district left on Monday morning or Tuesday morning, so for P-day today it’s just me and Hermana McMillan. 
I got some beef jerky on Thursday night and it was the best thing I’ve had since I´ve been here. I almost cried when I was eating it because I miss real American food so much!
We´ve had a couple of power outages here and its super funny. The 3 other Hermanas and I just sit there for a few seconds and we can here the girls across the street screaming and then we just laugh at them. It’s not scary because it doesn´t go out during storms. One night we just got our flashlights, didn´t need to say a word and just kept writing in our journals. It’s pretty funny how nonchalant we are about it.
This week I have learned a lot and I just want to share some things with you all. First, prayers really do get answered! I know that without a doubt! I had to play the piano in sacrament meeting this last week and I was terrified. Every time I had practiced when people were singing I couldn´t stop messing up. So I just said a prayer asking the Lord that if I practiced as much as could here with my free time if He would help me when it came time to play. And He certainly did. I was able to play almost perfectly and much better than any other time I had practiced. I know that was because i asked for His help and He was there for me! And then, I said the closing prayer in sacrament meeting also, so I played the last song and got up from the piano and went to the podium. It was pretty funny :)
This week we taught 3 lessons in one day and none of them were planned. Our teacher came and surprised us. He brought some people for our district to teach. One of them was a non-member, so we got the experience of teaching a real investigator. We really had to follow the Spirit in this lesson and it was pretty hard. We were the last ones who taught her and we asked if she would get baptized and she said yes! How cool is that? She got 5 lessons (probably all the same) in one day. It was a super cool experience and I can´t wait until my Spanish is better and I can teach more effectively!
I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week and found a super awesome scripture. It is 2 Nephi 33:15. The last words are the Lord hath commanded me, and I must obey. I love this scripture because it shows how much trust Nefi had in the Lord. Not only that, but those are his last words that he writes in the Book of Mormon. His final testimony shows his willingness to follow the Lord. I want to live my life in a way to where I can say that. He has commanded it, so I must do it. Without a question. It is so powerful and I love it. 
Also, 2 Nefi 3:12 says out of weakness he will be made strong. I think we can all apply this in our lives. We all have weaknesses, but when we are obedient and trust in the Lord, he will strengthen us. We can all be strengthened according to our faith in Him. 
Obedience is the link between testimony and conversion. Testimony is not enough. In order to be fully converted to the gospel and to Christ, we must be obedient. Always obey, in any situation. Don´t change yourself depending on who you are with. Be constant and love the Lord. If you love Him, keep His commandments.
Some things Elder Scott said this Sunday- Impressions--you can either retain them or rationalize them away. Which one do you want to be accountable for? God will fit whatever task you have to perform to your capability. Rely on Him. He will help you.
So every Sunday here, there is a slide show of all of the Elders and Hermanas leaving in the coming week, so this week my district was up there and it was super awesome. Then everyone sings ´´Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos´´ which is ´´God Be With You Till We Meet Again´´. I actually did really good and didn´t cry too much :)
These last 6 weeks have been so amazing. I have learned and grown so much and I have really come to love it here. I am so excited to get out into the world and teach real people and really serve and help them. I know that this church is true. From what has happened in my life because I have the gospel, how could it not be true? I love this message that I have to share, whether in English or Spanish and I love the Lord and all He has done and continues to do for all of us. He loves us more than we know and we can never repay Him for all that He gives us. I love the Book of Mormon and all that it can help us with. It contains the fulness of the gospel when it works with the Bible and I am so lucky to have grown up in this church. Now it is my turn to share this with others and truly be a representative of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer. I love you all so much and I hope you can see how big of a blessing the gospel is. It’s the truth and we have the opportunity to share it. The church is true and God loves us more than we know. Remember this always!

Love, 

Hermana Moberly

Hermana Silva and the 17-D Hermanas
My CCM Buddies
The Greatest District...17-D

Hermano Rodriguez and our district 
All the missionaries leaving this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment