Monday, February 9, 2015

More Miracles!

Mondays are starting to become miracle days. Hna Pettit always sits next to a Spanish speaker and we have gotten a few numbers, a new investigator and we gave out a Book of Mormon! So it’s kinda fun :) nothing yet today, but we have time.
I went to the Holocaust Museum today with my companion of course, but also with Rolando! It was so incredible and horrible at the same time. We talked a lot about his baptism which is on Sunday!! We are so excited and it’s going to be an amazing day! You'll get lots of pictures next week! :)
Seyda and Arturo are doing well. We have taught Seyda the first two lessons and now her husband is a lot more interested and wants to know more. They both have really good questions and that's how you can tell that they want to know. That and they look themselves for the answers by doing what we ask.
Comps :)
Tuesday was pretty great as well. We had district meeting and then Spanish Forum. We got a lot done and learned a bunch, and we had so much fun as we did it all. So many jokes and funny moments and even more spiritual ones. It was the perfect combination. Our district is so tight and united, there's a reason that by the end of February we will have had 5 baptisms!
The Three Amigos in DC
Good news, my full gringa accent is gone! Now I sound like a Gringa that knows what she's saying. Also, I picked up my trainer's accent, which I guess is pretty common. President and all 8 of the Little River ward missionaries ate tacos with Hermana Rodriguez. We gave the little girl Anel a nickname...vanilla, but she said she wanted to be called strawberry
because she doesn't like vanilla! Haha.
Turns out that Rolando isn't sick of us yet and wants the two of us to give the talks at his baptism....great. Haha, it'll be fun, but we tried to get him to pick members and it didn't work. That night we had him come with us to a lesson and he helped us teach. Also he brought one of our investigators to church for us yesterday.
It's For Fun


It was a perfect week for exchanges, so once again I went to Old Town to be in a trio with one of the Sister Training Leaders and her trainee. But then she went to the temple with one of her recent converts, so I stayed with Hermana Atkinson and she had her first experience in a duo. It was super fun and we saw miracles in their area. Miracles always happen on exchanges, it’s the best! We had to stay up a little later to wait for Hermana Debry to get back, so we did some facebook proselyting and I have been able to start talking to and teaching some of my friends from home. It’s incredible to see how now with my calling, the effect I have is bigger and the fear I once had is completely gone.
We have a new investigator who has dreams. That's fine. But he thinks that they are revelations and visions. He asked us if there was a leader of the church that would be willing to read his mind, discern his dreams and interpret and record them. Unfortunately we don't provide those services. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of a prophet who leads and guides the church and that he is the only person in the world that can receive revelation for all of God's children.
New Driver
Hermana Pettit and I have started to see even more miracles through our daily follow up. As we text and remind people to read in the Book of Mormon and to come to church they have seen the love that we have for them. There are many that we didn't have their complete or any part of their addresses, so it was all that we could do. We tried many times to ask for their addresses and they never came. But then this week we have received 2 addresses of less active members and it has been so great! We really do love them so much :) She is now driving...so apparently for the ticket that I got, my driving privileges have been suspended until the end of the transfer...so until February 19. Haha, oops.
Victor prayed out loud with us for the first time last night, so it’s sufficient to say that they are progressing. They have learned so much and have so many good questions and it makes it easy to talk to and teach them. I'm just loving all of the miracles that I have seen and will continue to see and I know there is so much more to come in my life as well as
all of yours. Keep moving forward!

Love and miss you!
Hermana Moberly




Weekly Planning = Weekly Pancakes




No comments:

Post a Comment