Monday, February 23, 2015

7 Months!

What a crazy 2 weeks we have had! Sorry for the lame email last week, things were insane. Most important is that Rolando got baptized and he is so happy! On Monday it snowed a lot during the day, so after 5 we weren't allowed to drive. We were supposed to have a family home evening taught by us and the other Hermanas in the ward, but we couldn't get over there, so they ended up teaching alone. We stayed at the Maldonado's house for a few hours because they had family over, so we just taught them a lesson and watched some mormon messages. I got a call that night which made me so happy! I found out that I was going to train again!! Other exciting news, Hermana Pettit is training as well! So I'm a grandma :) Then we were confused because we knew one of us would have to leave and train....so Tuesday night we found out that I was leaving Little River. I already knew though. I finished all that I needed and I learned what I needed to learn, so it was time to leave. On Thursday we had transfer meeting and I got my new companion, Hermana Peabody from Park City Utah. All these people are from Utah!
Me and Hna Peabody
Now we are in a city called Manassas. Our ward is the Sudley ward. Before there were 3 sets of Elders and 1 set of Hermanas, but we took the place of 1 of them, so there are 2 and 2. We are both new to the area, so we don't really know that much and the first couple days were very interesting. We don't know the members, investigators, or where we are going, so we just talk to everyone that we can and figure out where all of the Spanish speakers live so that we can find them. On Saturday we had a snow day. It started at 9 and didn't stop until 5, so we weren't allowed to use our car. So we walked....and walked and walked. Let me tell you, walking in the snow is not easy. Especially when it’s up to your knees!
What is this foreign substance?
We are already seeing miracles! We have started looking through the area book and visiting some of the people that are in there. There is a family we visited last night and they are SO PREPARED. This man is so sensitive to the Spirit, he was going to get a tattoo but then he felt something inside of him telling him that it wasn't right, so he didn't do it. The family has searched for a long time for the right church and just haven't ever felt anything. So now they will feel the Spirit testify that this is the right church. We are so excited because the lesson went perfectly.
We have given out a lot of copies of the Book of Mormon and Hermana Peabody is so awesome. She isn't scared to talk and she wants to speak better Spanish so bad, but what she says people understand, even if it’s not 100% correct.
Yesterday they cancelled church and we were so excited to finally meet some members and it didn't end up working out. But we met the Bishop because he invited all the missionaries over for a mini Sacrament meeting. It was amazing and I love that the Spirit is the same no matter where you are. Even though we were in his house instead of in a chapel, we felt the same way we would have there. We are learning more and more everyday about what we can do, where we can go, and who we can visit and we just try our best. I know that the Lord is satisfied when we do what we can. I know that he helps us do even more than we could otherwise when we do try harder. We really can accomplish all that He wants us too when we put our trust in Him.
I'm sorry I don't have any more than that to say, but we do a lot of driving and a lot of knocking. Next week there will be more, don't worry! Love you all! Stay away from the snow!

Love,

Hermana Moberly

Me and Hermana Peabody









No comments:

Post a Comment