Friday, May 15, 2015

May?

May 4, 2015
This week has been a fast one. I can't believe it’s already MAY! I don't know how that happened, it feels like it should still be March. 
We have had a few meetings this week. We have district meeting every week, so nothing new there, but we also had a Sisters meeting. All of the sisters in the Washington DC South mission all got together for some lunch and some training :) It was so fun! We brought out our patriarchal blessings and found all of the things we have been blessed with-I never knew how much it said! It was incredible :) So if you have one, go and list all the blessings it states, it’s so cool! Then we had some motivating talks on not having to be perfect and trying our best and being happy with it because the Lord is happy with it. You know, things that most girls need to hear. President Riggs is the best, not even kidding!
That night we went to talk with Martha, our most recent investigator preparing for baptism, but she wasn't there, so we played a little bit of soccer with her kids and taught the rest of the family :) 
The Torres family is doing so well! We met with them on Monday and Wednesday and it went really well! Orlando was asking us some questions about Native Americans and the Amish, so that was kind of weird and we didn't know any of the answers, but we read with them in The Book of Mormon and he loved it. Then on Wednesday he wasn't home, but we talked to his wife and the three little boys. We played the plan of salvation game that I made and they loved it :) They all want to get baptized, but especially the 7 year old, which is sad because he will have to wait until September. They are so cute! At the end when we were praying, one of them said, "I don't need anything from you because I'm happy with everything that I have right now in my life!" and then the youngest one said, "I want a little sister". We were dying because it was so adorable. I love that family so much!
More names to add to the praying list: Reyna and Jackie! They are two young girls (13 and 15) and we taught the entire first lesson about the Restoration. They liked it and committed to read the Book of Mormon and ask if it was true. Rather than most investigators who say they will do it, but you can see in their eyes that they won't, they were sincere and very interested. I am excited about them because they are motivated and want to know more :)
We had 3 investigators promise us that they would come to church this Sunday, but they didn't show up :( That's always really sad. They are progressing in so many ways, but when it comes to going to church they don't want to use that time. I wish that they would understand how important it is, but that testimony only comes when you try it. It’s pretty frustrating, but there isn't much we can do. We can teach them and provide the Spirit to testify to them, but if they don't let it in their heart, nothing comes from it.
We got a new investigator last night because the Salazar family invited a friend over for a Family Night and she should be coming to church this Sunday. The investigators that the members find for us are the ones that progress faster and get baptized. It is so much better than the ones we find on our own. I was listening to a conference talk and one of the apostles was saying that missionaries are called to teach, but often they are spending most of their time finding. The members have the calling to find people to teach so that the missionaries can teach more than they find. Just something to think about ;)
I love this calling that I have. I am so lucky to share the gospel with the people here in this part of the world. I literally cannot think of anything better that I could be doing. I am so lucky! Thank you for all of your prayers, I can feel the strength that they give me. You are all the best and I love and miss you! Please find people for the missionaries to teach :)

Love always,
 Hermana Moberly


No comments:

Post a Comment