Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Elect

What a week! First things first, one of our investigators is going to be baptized at the end of this month!!! Thank you all who were praying for Haidy! She is so prepared and she is loving everything that she is learning. It has been an adventure with her! And it all started just because we did some service :) We have taught her all of the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation and it just blows her mind! She is in love with everything and believes the Book of Mormon, that Joseph was a prophet, and that we have a prophet today. And she came to church yesterday and everything is going along just perfectly! We expect trials to come though, so please keep up the praying!

There is another family who have been prepared as well. The elders before had taught them and they hadn't been over in a while. We were going through the area book and found their name, but there wasn't much information. The little 12 year old boy wants to get baptized PRONTO, but he has to come to church first! He remembers everything that the Elders before had taught him, he even told us the Joseph Smith story and the First Vision. It was awesome and we are looking forward to getting that whole family in on the message :)

We had interviews with President this week on Tuesday and that was fun for me. He is an incredible man and we all just love him so much! I have never received so many compliments in my life than that day. The best one I have ever gotten was from President, "I feel as if I can trust you with any task and you can get it done responsibly and the best way that you can." Trust from him means a lot! And then the zone leaders were talking out me with Hermana Peabody. I had no idea that so many people knew me and think that I'm a good missionary! But it meant a lot and I loved it! 

On Wednesday all of the trainees had Expectations meeting, so I got to go back to Little River and work with Hermana Pettit for the day! We did a service project with almost all of the missionaries in Springfield, and we went to a Methodist church and made sandwiches for a few hours for homeless people. I surprised a lot of people from my old zone, but it was really fun. Then, because it was Little River, we had a lunch appointment! So I had a big lunch, and then when we went back to Sudley we had two dinner appointments. So it feels like I'm still in Little River :) Not missing out on the food at all. It was a little bit too easy for me...

Thursday was a snow day, and we most definitely couldn't use the car, so we got to walk all day! We measured it out and we walked over 4 miles in 8 inches of snow....that's not easy to do! But we got lots of work done and we found some new investigators! :) It was probably the worst storm I have ever seen. It just snowed and snowed and I was already sick from the last time we walked in the snow. But the blessings do come from our sacrifices, hard-work, and obedience!

One of the nights we knocked on a random door. They were just about to leave the house, but they invited us in anyways to talk to them for a little bit. We shared a VERY short version of the restoration, but they liked it and invited us to come back this week. So please pray for the Morales Valladerez family :)

This Sunday was a super rewarding day! We had 6 of our less active members that we are visiting at church! And on top of that Haidy was there! It was so fun sitting there and watching one after the other walk into the chapel for Sacrament Meeting. It is SO important that we continue to go every Sunday and if we don't, little by little the light we leave, and almost imperceptibly....just like it is almost imperceptible the growth that comes from doing the simple things like reading the scriptures and praying. 

Overall it was an awesome week and I can't wait to see what miracles we will see this week :)
Love you all!

Love,

Hermana Moberly

The Field is White and Ready to Harvest
Hna Peabody and I Were Prepared for the Cold

The Apostasy and Restoration with Cups


No comments:

Post a Comment