Monday, April 6, 2015

Already April!

Hola!
I hope your spring break has been super awesome, but there are no breaks in missionary work! Not that I'm complaining, because it was nice that everybody's families were at home :) normally that would make the work go better, but it didn't quite happen that way this week.
It's been a pretty slow and boring week over here in Manassas, but we did what we could. And General Conference was amazing once again! I don't think I knew how to listen and watch before. Every word that our prophet and apostles say is so important! One of my favorites was the Story about Sailor. She saw the light and then did everything she could to get there, even though she was hurt, cold, and tired. Sometimes she couldn't see it anymore, but she still knew that it was there. We can use that and compare it to our lives in so many ways. We have seen the light and we must do all we can to get to it, to safety.  Maybe we won't always see it, but we know it's there, so we must keep going.
Haidy is doing well, but with Spring break she was hardly home. The important thing is that she is still reading in the Book of Mormon! When I tell everyone I talk to here that they need to read the Book of Mormon and ask if it is true, I remember how important it is for each one of us to do the same continually. We can fill our lives everyday with some of His love and happiness. We can become more like Him as we read and learn about Him. Why not do that everyday? There is a difference and I have seen it in my own life and in the lives of people here.
Orlando and family are learning more and more. It's been hard to get together with them, but they are also reading in the Book of Mormon and it keeps them going. They all have their soccer games on Sunday's, so most weeks they can't come to church. I know if they would just skip the sports and keep the Sabbath Day holy things would be so much better. I have never had such a strong testimony about keeping the commandments and I don't like to see when people don't see what blessings they can have.
This week we also had a Sister's meeting, so a lot of Sisters and Hermanas got together and we talked about the scripture Ether 12:27. When we come closer unto Christ, He shows us our weaknesses so we will be humble, and then He makes those weaknesses our strengths. So when you are trying to do good things, don't be upset if you find more weaknesses, that's how it works. Just keep going and they will become your greatest strengths. How much closer can you get to Christ than being His representative as a missionary. I am shown more and more weaknesses every day and my hope is that you will see me as a different person when I come home. Almost half way there, isn't it flying by? It sure is for me, hope you aren't missing me too much ;)
Love you all! Have a great week :)

Con Amor,

Hermana Moberly

New Lakers Hoody :)
Hna Schultz and I...twins!
My Compa the Pro Gas Pumper


Hna Moore..She is awesome!

Sister's Activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment