Monday, June 22, 2015

20!

This week by far has been the fastest one. I don't think I have ever had so many things happen in such a short amount of time! I'll just go ahead and get started.
Last week we had a FHE (Family Home Evening) in Bishop's house, but it was funny because they waited until we got there to start. Our lesson before went a little longer than expected. The FHE was supposed to start at 7:30, but we didn't get there until 8:15. Usually it starts a half hour late, because we are on Mormon/Hispanic standard time. But they waited even more just for us, haha, oops. Bishop taught a really good lesson on how we need to have a really strong foundation before we can start building upwards. He compared it to a tower of cups. If your base isn't firm, the tower will fall when you take away only one, but a tower with a firmer base will last longer. It was a good one!
Tuesday we had Spanish Forum. We had been preparing all week to do our training on planning, but then Elder Hansen didn't announce us to get up and present it, so it didn't happen. He didn't even realize anything was wrong until we went up to him afterwards and asked what happened. He felt so bad, but it was fine. We learned as we prepared, and all the time was used during the meeting the way it needed to be, just kind of funny. Also, we got a mission Spanish program picture, and then individuals with President, since this is his last week in our mission. It was so great because in the pictures we took with him he put his arm around us. It was the closest thing I have gotten to a hug in 11 months, and it was from President Riggs, so it was a great day!
We have facebook again, which I am sure some of you noticed! It’s going to be a little different this time. If you want to contact me, still go through my email, or USPS ;), but not through facebook. We will be using it to keep in contact with the people here in the mission, investigators, less actives, and some members. Feel free to like and comment on the few things that I will post, but don't feel bad if I don't respond :) This is a great tool for what we can do as missionaries, but also a huge distraction if we let it be.
One day this week we were supposed to have two dinners (kind of like in Little River) but neither of them ended up working out, so we ate at Chick-fil-a! We also took Angel there this week to get him a job. If he can work there it will be perfect because he can come to church EVERY Sunday! Right now he is planning on being baptized on July 4th, so please pray for him!
Saturday was amazing for me! I got to go to the temple with the Deza family (my family). We went through with them for the endowment session, and then they were sealed with two of their children. The other 5 don't have the permission to even be baptized because of their mom, but she is currently listening to the missionaries! So all good news! It was a missionary reward day for Hermana Pettit and me. I loved every second. That family is amazing and they have been through so much and I was so happy that they wanted Hermana Pettit and me to be there with them on this special day. They are incredible!
Yesterday was the best birthday ever! The other Hermanas in our ward tried to surprise me, but it didn't really work out that well, so they got there, threw some balloons at me and sent me to my room for a little bit. Then I came out and we had a little party with decorations and fun stuff. Then we studied and went to church and had a good day. That night we had a baptism and then also a fireside for new members and returning members. Basically all of Little River was there and it was wonderful. The meeting was amazing and the spirit was so powerful as testimonies were shared. I loved every minute and got lots of pictures with the Deza family :) I only have some of them, because I am waiting for them to send them to me on facebook, so I will send more next week.
Families can be forever. I have no doubt about it, and I will do everything I can to continue helping others get that and also making sure that I will be with mine forever. The Lord is always on our side, but the devil is always tempting us to mess up. Doing the little things will give us the strength to resist whatever he throws at us. I love you all and hope that your week was as incredible as mine, but that would be pretty hard :)

Love,

 Hermana Moberly
 













No comments:

Post a Comment