Monday, September 21, 2015

Transfer Week With Only 3 Left

September 14, 2015
The time gets shorter and shorter and I don't understand how! It feels like I emailed you two days ago, even though so much has happened!
Monday was a great day last week. After emailing home to you all we had a nice little lesson with Sindi and then made our way over to a noche de hogar. Sindi is so adorable! She has been reading through the Book of Mormon really fast and loving it all. It's pretty amazing to see that because at the beginning she was so afraid to read it because
she thought it would go against what the bible says. But now that she knows, she has been spending a lot more time reading the Book of Mormon because it really supports everything in the bible. It's so great. Then Denis came to the noche de hogar, which was really cool.
We made a little title of liberty for those who were there and talked about all of the things that we are fighting for in this life because it's important to us.
Tuesday we had another lesson with Denis, but this time it was just me and Hermana McMillan. It ended up being really helpful because he told us a lot of things that we didn't know before, a lot of doubts that he had. He's going to be awesome because he is super sensitive to the spirit and knows what he needs to do.
Wednesday was probably the hottest day yet. I don't think it was really that hot, but the humidity made it 10 times worse. But it was pretty great because people let us in and gave us a lot of water :) that night we had a lesson with Eder, who is still going strong. He was baptized back in March and he has made so many changes, but he makes it look easy. On the way out I told him to drive safe and he says to me, "I can't make any promises!"
Thursday night I ended up staying in with Hermana Brown. Hermana Tate got better after 8 days and was going crazy in the house, so she went out with my companion while I watch videos on gospel library and Hna Brown slept.
Friday we got to visit with Brenda, our investigator of two years. We had a really cool lesson with her and it was totally guided by the spirit. She just keeps working harder and harder to get things in order so that she can be baptized. After that we went looking for new
investigators and found an amazing woman named Teresa. She is from Honduras and is so prepared. She committed to be baptized in the first lesson and we taught her the Restoration. She is going to be so incredible and I can't wait to tell you more about her next week!
Saturday we had correlation, which was pretty cool because I didn't realize how many progressing investigators we have and how many people we are working with. It was cool to reflect a little bit on what we have been able to accomplish in the time that I have been here.
Going into this week I am a little bit nervous that I will be getting transferred, even though I don't want to leave this ward yet, but I know that I will go where the Lord needs me to help whoever He wants me to help.
Later that day we taught our new investigator, Cesar, and he is now on date to get baptized on November 29, which is pretty far away. As we go on he will realize how much he knows and most likely move the date a little bit closer. But he knows it's true!
Saturday night was probably one of the days that I have stressed most in my life. I stressed for about 4 hours straight and I was exhausted. We were supposed to leave for the temple at 6pm and everything was all organized and perfect. Then we got to our investigator's house and only Denis could come. That meant that there wasn't going to be a
woman in the car, so we had to find someone over 18 to come with us. Also, earlier we had found someone willing to lend us a car seat, but then last minute it didn't work out, so we were running around to get a different one. We finally got one and then didn't use it. It took a while, but we found a woman to come with us, so we drove 20 minutes to her house and then left Arlington around 7:15. We needed to get to the temple at 7:50 in order to watch the movie that we wanted to, but our driver drove us far into DC on accident while trying to figure out his GPS, which he then didn't listen to. So we got to the temple at 8:15 after an hour long drive where I was scared for all of our lives the entire time and was trying to avoid being sick. But we finally got there and had to change all of our plans and teach a last minute lesson. But in the end it worked out very well because the spirit was super strong and Denis opened up even more and he realized the power of the Atonement is greater than he ever thought. We left the temple at 9:10ish (we are supposed to be home at 9:30). But we had to stop for gas and our driver once again refused to listen to the GPS thinking the way he was going was faster. Getting home from the temple takes about 30 minutes, but we got back to Arlington at 10:10ish and then had to drive back home. I spent this whole time with Hermana Tate, because my companion wasn't feeling well and it was better for her to stay home. So that night we got home around 10:35. And that is why I stressed for four hours straight. And I didn't have time to eat dinner that day.
Sunday made it all worth it because it was the best day I have had at church for a long time. Sindi came for the whole time and we had a few other investigators there, so it was pretty cool. The missionaries also sang a musical number, so that was fun too.

So I had a pretty great week and I'm so grateful for all of the things that happen, good or not so good, because they help us become who we need to be. Hopefully you can all remember that this week. No matter what happens, it is a part of God's plan and all losses will be made up. Love you all! Please pray that I don't get transferred! :)

Con Amor,
Hermana Moberly

No comments:

Post a Comment