Monday, September 28, 2015

MARISABEL IS GETTING BAPTIZED!

This has been one of the best weeks of my life! As you can see from the title, Marisabel is finally getting baptized!! She has been an investigator since she was 13, and today is her 16th birthday. So on Saturday morning we were in our weekly correlation meeting and our ward mission leader walks in and puts his phone on speaker, and this is what we here, "Hey guys, I have some good news!" And the longest pause of my life. My first thought was that she was going to have permission to be baptized and I started freaking out a little bit, but I thought more and decided that couldn't be it because her parents would never let her get baptized. And then she says, "I'm getting baptized!" And I lost it! I have never in my life been so happy for another human being. I came so close to tears. I don't know anyone else who deserves this more than Marisabel. She has been more active and involved in the church than most members. I wish I could share with you all that I have been feeling and experiencing the last few days, but there are no words. I don't think I've ever even been that happy and excited for even myself. She is an amazing young woman and she is finally going to experience a complete remission of her sins and the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. She is so
incredible!
The rest of the things that have happened this week have been pretty miraculous as well. I love recognizing the modern miracles in everyday life. It's something that I didn't look for before, but now that I'm searching, I'm finding them everywhere! We found new solid investigators this week, Cindy, Ariel, Mayra, Valentina, Manuel, and Leticia. I think it's funny that when we plan to find new investigators we hardly ever find them, but when we just stop and talk to people between appointments or other things we find people who are sincerely interested.
We had a lot of members come out to work with us during the week and that helped a ton in the progress of our investigators. They get to see the gospel in action instead of just seeing two young girls that probably don't know what they're talking about, or that don't understand what these people are going through. Sometimes it's true that we don't understand what they are going through. That happened this week and I felt totally unqualified to be the person there to help this family. But I stopped and thought a little more about it. I am young. I don't have a lot of life experience. I have no idea what this person is feeling. I have no idea how to help, but I know someone who can. He has experienced it all and more. He knows how they feel. He knows how to help. All I have to do is help the people know who He is and access the help that He can give them. My job is not that hard, but it's hard to see when they don't accept the divine help that we can get through the atonement. The divine help that we can access completely through the ordinances of the gospel. I am so blessed to be this tool in God's hands to help them live happier and prepare to live happy forever.

I love Bella Vista and I never want to leave this place. The people I am meeting have such a special place in my heart and I've learned so much from them, and from working with them. This work is the best thing in my life. I've never experienced so many powerful emotions and I don't know if I ever will again. Reflecting on my mission is great because I can see how many things have changed and become better. It makes me sad thinking about how little time I have left here, but I'm ready to work as hard as I can for whatever remains. I'm so grateful for all of your prayers and support, remember that I pray for you as well. If you haven't had any missionary experiences either recently or ever, please try it! It's the best thing in the world! Love you all! Have a great week. Report back any cool experiences that you have :)

Con Amor,
Hermana Moberly

Me and Hna Tate

Karen, Hna Tate, and Me

Out on Pday for Hna Tate's Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment