Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Week!

December 21, 2015

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you've all been having fun with all of the Christmas festivities :) I have been for sure! This week we had our Christmas Conference with the mission and it was super fun. We spent the morning in a meeting with our mission leaders and listened to some great messages about Christ and remembering the
reason we are all here as missionaries.

This week I was pondering my purpose as a missionary, which states, "invite other to come unto Christ." I was thinking about the importance of the word come. It easily could say invite others to go into Christ, but by using the word come it implies that I'm already on my way to Him. And it's true, I've been shaping my life in a way so that I'm am drawing closer to Christ and now I'm inviting people to join me in the process.

We spent some more time in the Temple Visitor's center this week, nothing new there! I just keep meeting really great people and I get to explain the importance of the temple and I see people's eyes light up when they realize what we do inside. It's one of my favorite things about working there :)

We had some really powerful lessons this week, totally guided by the spirit. I love my companion because she's still learning Spanish and she relies 100% on the Spirit during our lessons and it makes them so much better! She's super awesome and we are working together really well and having lots of fun!

And the best part of the week...Sindi got baptized! By a miracle her parents signed the paper to allow her to get baptized after 7 months and she was baptized :) it was so amazing! Hermana McMillan and I sang the First Noel. She was so happy and she was glowing :) it was such a great day.

I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the holidays. If you haven't already, watch the new Christmas videos that the church has made, they are so powerful and really help us remember why we have Christmas. Love you all!


Con Amor,
Hermana Moberly






No comments:

Post a Comment